ENJOYING THE MEAL AND THE CHAT IN KILLASHEE
THANKS MARTIN FOR THE PHOTOGRAPHY
Wonderful to see so many of you at our Summer Meeting today. Chair, Martin and secretary, Fidelma welcomed us back to Killashee with coffee/tea and cookies and a few snippets of what has happened over the “missing” two years that has kept our branch active. Pádraig Ó Conaill (RTAI President) who had driven all the way from Baile Mhúirne this morning joined us. His report on pay issues had some good news
- the increase of 1% which is due in October 2022 “may” be increased;
- sectoral bargaining fund may see the payments (promised in 2008 to Principals and Deputy Principal) being made to retired Principals and DPs;
- pay rate for substitutes has been increased (and a special thanks to the many retired teachers who assisted in keeping schools open during the pandemic);
- the Alliance of Retired Public Servants is making its voice heard, focusing on greater representation for retired workers
- Pilot project by Department of Ed on electronic pay slips (current pay slips cost 2 – 3 million)
OTHER MORE LOCAL NEWS
Before adjourning for lunch, there was lively conversation about outings, maybe starting with “The Trip to Limerick” that had been deferred due to Covid; but also suggestions for trips further afield – maybe Scotland? Will keep you updated!
Wednesday Dancing is continuing with one more session before the Summer holidays.
RTAI Golf Classic will be held in Kildare in June – more news on that later.