Branch Secretaries Conference Wednesday October 26th 2022
Brief summary of the happenings – I’ll be brief as Billy will brief us all at AGM and it will also appear in the next CONÁSC
- Firstly, Money Matters
- 20% tax band expanded by €3200 (should be worth about €640)
- Slight adjustment to USC (worth about €40)
- PAYE and Personal Credits both up by about €75 (worth €150)
- TOTAL SAVING worth about €830 p.a.
- PENSION ISSUES – abatement while subbing continues; Retention of age 66 as age for State Pension (higher pension for those working on after 66 to max 70); increases in PRSI to follow; Coordinated Pension – ask Billy about this?
2. Billy’s retirement – his post was advertised in the Times 27th October. but he assured he’s not disappearing immediately. he will be working with his replacement as soon as possible.
3. Three short workshop presentations by members
- Organising activities for members and connecting with local organisations: Cavan Branch have a committee who link with outside agencies to provide activities and information.
- Organising Prayer/Remembrance service: Wicklow Branch organised an Ecumenical service after Covid
- Organising National Events – a very successful outing to Westport was organised by the Kilkenny Branch for small branches as a pilot. There were very positive reports and so it will be extended next year to all branches on a first come first served basis. Vice President Mary McCarthy also organised a very successful Golf Tournament with reps from all branches invited.
If you need to contact RTAI, it’s best done by email
info @ taireland.ie
Also keep an eye on their web page, for all updates.